How to get assistance for HIV

Winnie asks: Where can I take my 16-year-old boy who is HIV positive for assistance?

Hi Winnie –



I am so deeply sorry about your son.  While doctors have done a really amazing job of finding ways to control HIV, since it showed up just three decades ago, it is still a terrifying situation to live in.

Winnie, I don’t know where you live, but most governments have special services for people with HIV and AIDS.  I would suggest you find out where you can call for special services in your local area.  If you don’t know how to find that, call your most local government official’s office, and they will probably be able to tell you.

Your son deserves all the help he can get – medically, socially, and educationally.  Especially educationally, as it is vital to your local community that he and others with his awful disease know how best to care for themselves and prevent the spread of it.

Thanks for being a caring and loving mother.  And here’s a doggy-prayer that we find a cure for this dreaded thing soon.


All my best,




About the Author

Leave a Reply 0 comments

Leave a Reply: