dark horse asks: My boyfriend and I have been dating for 2 months, but recently he has been acting out. Last I brought up something to talk about and he gave me shouting. I asked him about his friend and he told me to **** off and in return I asked why he was being rude, and he said **** off again. So do you have any idea what causes a 23-year-old boy to act so bizarre?
Hi dark horse –
My simple answer to you is that I have no idea what caused your boyfriend to act this way. In fact, from what you tell me, there’s no way to find out.
Which means something very simple: It’s something else.
A few thoughts that go through my mind:
1) He believes something about you, that you said or did something, that is completely untrue.
2) He believes something about you, that you said or did something, you know about, but you don’t see in the negative way he does.
3) He believes something about you, that you said or did something, that you’re just not telling me!
4) He was under the influence of some substance – perhaps some medication or some recreational illegal drug – that led him to react this way.
5) He was bitten by a werewolf and is turning into one himself.
If it’s #4 or #5, my advice is that you were right to dump him and you should give him lots of space until he fixes whatever’s wrong and comes around to apologize.
But if it’s one of the first three, maybe a friend of his could tell you what’s up?
Sorry, but beyond those, I have no idea! I’m very bright for a dog, but this would require my being a psychic at the least!
Good luck with it – I hope you get to find out anyway!